Oh hey, another update! Nothing major, really. I mean, it’s not a big update and all. First off, the actual changes:
- Added Alien: Isolation promo items and enabled Full Moon holiday for one week
- Added Limited Quantity Item attribute on items that can no longer be crafted or purchased through the Mann Co. Store
- Limited Quantity Items can be placed on the Steam Community Market
- Removed Audition Reel from crate drop list
- Added Director’s Cut Reel to crate drop list
- Added Limited Late Summer Crate to crate drop list
- Fixed the Festive Bat using the lowest LOD for the first person view
- Fixed the Scorch Shot taunt attack not firing a projectile
- Fixed incorrect bumpmap setting for the Frenchman’s Beret
- Updated the equip_region for the Mustachioed Mann
- Updated sounds for the Boston Basher
So apparently the Boston Basher now sounds like the Eviction Notice. The Eviction Notice is cool, despite its silly stats, so that’s not too bad. The Scorch Shot got fixed too, yay for taunt kills once again. There’s also a fix for the low quality model for the Festive Bat, but that’s a really rare item so no one probably noticed.
Okay, with the gameplay-affecting stuff out of the way, there’s a new item attribute called Limited Quantity. This is for stuff that’s no longer available via crafting or the Mann Co. store and includes items like the Bill’s Hat and Earbuds. These items can now be sold on the Steam Marketplace, so you can get some ‘real’ money for those earbuds.
As well as this, there’s some new promotional items out for a new game called Alien: Isolation, which is some sort of horror survival game featuring everyone’s beloved acid-blooded Aliens. The game is expensive, but you get a nice flamethrower reskin (which is rumored to have an unusual item set bonus…), a space helmet and an awesome Xenomorph costume for the Scout. The Xenomorph suit though (which comes in three bits, head, claws, tail), is Halloween restricted. Even the claws. The tail has jigglebones. The hat though deserves the item restriction.
On top of that stuff, there’s also two new crates, a new taunt crate that replaces the old one and a new Late Summer crate that needs a special key to open. Loads of new items have also become craftable, so feel free to spend that reclaimed, maybe you’ll get a cool craft number. Or not as they’re all generally gone in like an hour. Oh well.
Finally, the full moon is out all week! Technically that’d be impossible, but everything’s possible in TF2. Feel free to crack out your Xenomorph costumes, your space suits, your zombie outfits and your pretty princess attire and piss off as many bah humbug players as possible!