So, after three weeks of crates and a year of hype, the End of the Line, the second Community Update after Robotic Boogaloo, has finally, FINALLY arrived. Finally.
What’s in this fancy update, you ask? Let’s count.
- The fancy, voiceless 14 minute video, the End of the Line, featuring a train with a bomb on it and Scout as always.
- 21 cosmetics, as seen in the End of the Line video.
- A variant of the sitting Pyro taunt.
- Something to do with ducks.
- Four new unusual effects.
- One multi-class weapon.
- Keys for those crates we’ve been deleting over the last 3 weeks.
And that’s pretty much it.
Here are the patch notes:
- End of the Line Community Update has arrived!
- Check out the community-created movie and web page (http://www.teamfortress.com/endoftheline/)
- The event will run through till January 5th, 2015, and includes finding ducks, duck statistics and Friends leaderboards
- Added End of the Line Community Crate Key
- Added 21 cosmetic items featured from End of the Line
- Added Pyro Taunt – Pool Party
- Added multi-class melee weapon – The Crossing Guard
- Added Duck Journal and Duck Tokens for the End of the Line event
- Fixed The Swagman’s Swatter and Tough Stuff Muffs not being held by the Sniper during the melee taunt
- Updated the crosshair to not draw while taunting
I’ll be honest, that’s pretty small for a big content update, but oh well. I’m not going to judge anything just yet, because I haven’t gotten into the game and looked around or anything. I WILL say though that I expected a map. I wanted a fifth map to add to this Christmas Highlander match idea I had. What I am going to do is show you what SPUF thinks of the update.
Never mind. See you at Smissmas.